Sunday, October 18, 2009

When I Fall in Love

Another beautiful fall day…
I was out playing in the studio this afternoon, (It can’t be counted as work because I’m enjoying myself way too much), the kids are playing in between the houses, the leave on the trees are rustling up in a lazy approaching storm, the smell of burning fireplaces... Ahhh, fall is really here and I am feeling mighty fine. Halfway through cutting feet on two ware boards of yunomi I remembered I still needed to collect more samples of video with these cameras just to work out the kinks of familiarizing myself the menu options without actually hunting down manuals, (tch! Who needs manuals…? Manuals are for people with attention spans of… well… well… not me apparently). It’s still a bit stop and go, but that’s part of the fun.

For better of worse, I’m getting a handle on working with the Windows Movie Maker program. I’ve got a ways to go still though but luckily it’s not too complex.



Here is today’s segment. I like the feel of this clip. It’s supposed to be part of a short personal essay on the virtues of a foot. Yeah I know... nerdy, but I feel a bit strongly about this. I like where it’s going though… it kind of has the feel of a love note… maybe that’s the direction it’ll go.

I guess Miles can make anything seem like a love note.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That was the most romantic foot-trimming of all time. :)

Ceci said...

Muy bueno!!!!

Linda Starr said...

Great trimming, great song, and great video.

Barbara Dunshee said...

Joel, sweet video, without a word spoken. Again, love your lighting and all the warm details it brings out. Oh, and the nails. Character.

cookingwithgas said...

great background music and loved the description of fall.......
Why do we love to watch a potter work- it has such a element which draws us in and we become mesmerized.
Sweet pots!

HeidiMCF said...

How beautiful, I hate trimming and know want to! Great video!

MudStuffing Pottery said...

Totally dig it Joel! Great foot and video!

Jolene said...

I love trimming also - yo make it look as enjoyable as it is! Thank you!

Mr. Young said...

I have to agree... great foot trimming!
I never could get past the notion that a piece isn't finished until it has a proper foot. My college prof told me to "stop with the foot fetish already". But... it's just one of those things. Too OCD I guess... but they look nice!
I liked your music as well, but I find myself, that listening to house, or even some heavy metal keeps me pumped and throwing... resulting in a total loss of time perception. I have missed so many classes that way!

FetishGhost said...

Thanks for all of the great comments everyone!

Unknown said...

Hi Joel,

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your encouraging comment. You are totally right. You gotta get wet if you wanna make a splash. I committed last nite. Here's to hoping we get to the next step- cheers!

-Jesse Lu-

P.S. I'm totally loving your work, especially the nutmeg granola bowls. I think they might be just the thing for my Halloween post. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm with you on the foot and i'm really with you on the miles. actually it was very cool as the music really seemed to go with the trimming