Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And What If I Don't

What a title of a post...


It's actually the title of the background music by Herbie Hancock and I like how it pushes and groves this video along all the way to the end. The kids and I were all pumped-up from all of the great feed back the past 2 days... thanks everyone for chiming in, the feedback really helps. We ended up spending some more time figuring a bit more of this process out. Learning to divide up and compress time is a something new for us, but we are having fun trying out a few ideas. It's not hurting that I'm learning you can buy enthusiasm for a project with the prospect of an ice cream.

This is another wack at slip stencil demo.

8 comments:

julietteisdead said...

You three are getting pretty darn good at these videos pretty darn quickly. :) Keep 'em coming!

Kitoi said...

Nice Job!! Loved the content and music combination.

Unknown said...

Awesome video! :)

Mr. Young said...

It was very interesting to see how you get the images on your wares. The dark grey that you applied - was it a colored slip, or a glaze?
I also never thought of using ??? (what was that - rubber cement?) to mask off sections I don't want to cover... I've always used wax, but then you have to fire before glazing that section. Thanks for the video demonstration!

FetishGhost said...

I guess I should have posted more details in the written run up to the video... The gray stuff is a cobalt slip and the gooey stuff I'm putting on with the brush is a latex resist.

Mr. Young said...

Thanks! Appreciate the info!
Happy mudding!

Unknown said...

That was awesome! The music fit the demo so well... and it was just a great demo in general. What was that book that you pulled your stencils out of? Did you make it yourself?

FetishGhost said...

All of the stencils I'm cutting are my designs. It started out really simple, but the designs quickly grew from there.