Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oktoberfest Neighborhood Street Fair

This was a fun one! It was spur of the moment for me, I got pulled into this just a few days ago but I have been looking for opportunities like this, (a block and a half away with a beer garden parked in the middle of the street with a sampling from our neighborhood micro brewery Valley Brew.) I loaded up the wagon with a wheel, a stool and stuff and headed out. This was nothing but demos, no sales pressure so it was just entertainment. They blocked off the street near dusk amazingly enough, a lot of people showed up; it looked to be easily a few thousand over the course of 3 hours.
The only down side is getting home and looking at the pictures and realizing that, despite my best efforts, I still work with my tongue hanging out. Nice…
Got to meet a whole bunch of wonderful new faces though and got to let a few of the next generation of potters have their first go at the wheel. It was totally worth it. It was a really fun night.












Thanks everyone!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too. I don't think I could throw at all if my tongue weren't halfway out of my mouth. It's that look of concentration :)

Anonymous said...

it was coooooooooolllllllllll

donna said...

fantastic!