Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jazz on the Mile: Brubeck Institute 10th Annivesary

This is usually a fantastic event that my neighborhood puts on every year. A side street is roped off and catered with local wine and great food from the neighborhood restaurants. A tented main stage hosts a daylong showcase of Jazz. I can already hear the trumpets and trombones warming up.

Man I love my neighborhood...

I've been a bit more excited about this event than usual this year.This time around they've asked the PortCityMud Demo Team to provide a bit of sideshow entertainment with a bit of public "Plain Air" throwing. We're packing in just 50 pounds of clay to play with over the course of the day so we'll be destroying and reusing everything after it reaches final form.

Unfortunately, the warm beautiful days of last week have been replaced by a windy morning that has the promise of rain.
Doh!
So I've packed away my throwing kilt and put on the pinstripes and long underwear We'll see how wet we get...

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

what a great postcard; love that smoky image; hope it warms up for the event.

ang design said...

sounds like great fun, enjoy the day!