Saturday, April 10, 2010

Going Big

Apparently is was "Canister Week" the past few days. I didn't get the official notice, but I was definitely pick'n up the vibe. Shown above are 2 nine pound canisters that were thrown Thursday night and trimmed and slipped up last night before bed. Trying to make that amount of clay stand tall and strait enough to cut a galley is tough. I like the form, and the balance is good in the hands... I think... I've never handled work this size made by a Master so I'm not really sure what I should expect.

Shruggs

Below are 4 five pounders from Monday and Tuesday waiting patently for their lids...


I'll be trimming these this afternoon if the rain stays away.

1 comment:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Love the canisters. Looking forward to seeing them finished.