Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yesterday's Valuble Lesson

Don't throw shirtless if the videotape is rolling... really.

I won't share that video lesson, but here's the second take (with a shirt on this time). It's a silent 60 second stop motion this time.



The kids and I where collecting stills for a Blurb Book that I can set out at local openings. I'm finding that I have to cobble together a way to effectively communicate how I create my surfaces to gallery patrons, well at least if I want to sell more where I live.

Well.... Happy Father's Day everyone!

2 comments:

jim said...

beautiful shape... love the stop motion video, i was thinking of doing a vase stint later this summer and i might have to try it wet like that. i used to make them with 2 different parts and let them get leather had and then stick a bonker down it and tape the seam together. the problem was if the two halves weren't compositional sound, it was a bust

FetishGhost said...

I've really gotten used to throwing the 2 halves wet and without scoring the join. If I let the 2 haves set for any length of time before joining them, issues would come up 3 out of 5 times. I've also been finding that by joining wet and not scoring the join, any problems with air bubbles trapped in the join and join marks have vanished, well most of the time.
Just to say it a few more times... join join join!