Saturday, May 1, 2010

CCCACA

Whew!

That was a lot of fun. Walking around downtown Davis is always a treat, but with a plethora of ceramics galleries sprouting up just for the weekend in vacant storefronts, (and I really mean a Plethora...) it's just short of heaven. I took tons of pictures... (well actually it was my studio monkey that took most of them.) Unfortunately I didn't get names to go with a lot of the work.

There were 2 artists that I did manage to get their names.

The first was Clarine Wong. A potter doing good sized platters with amazing cobalt brushwork.


Nice...
The second is something a bit more astounding. This was a piece titled "Intolerance Unfurled" by Ilena Finocchi at the Artery show. It's a brilliant work and the picture below doesn't do it justice at all. I was drawn to it's surface, (very complex, I can only guess how it was made), but it was the location that dropped my jaw.
Stockton...
This is like finding out your neighbor around the corner has a car kiln and a pug mill.
Cool.

I had to end this post with a word of thanks going to my photographer. I couldn't pay my hard working monkey in bananas this time, but she did settle for a slice of pizza the size of her face and a shared salad.
Thanks Squeak, you did good.

5 comments:

Marcella said...

You are amazingly up to date. I get it by phone and then I get it via your blog. Nico did a treat! I wish I was there. Nicely done.

Marcella said...

For some reason the comment left behind the second part:

NEXT YEAR!

ang said...

they're all gorgeous!

Mr. Young's Art said...

Love that cobalt stuff! Excellent work!

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info