Thursday, September 18, 2008

BudVases, SteamGears, and Canisters...Oh my!

It's been a week of throwing and slip decorating an assortment of cups and bud vases to round off a kiln load of bisque that I've been anxious to fire off.

This includes the test SteamGear Cups from last weekend and a few requested Bud Vase prototypes for the new owner of San Francisco Floral in Stockton as well as a few large faceted canisters to show at the local farmers markets.
I rushed a few of my thrown and altered budvase prototypes through the drying process and payed the price... Cracks!

Doh!

The kiln was loaded and successfully fired off Friday night despite a 2 hour blackout for our neighborhood halfway through the firing. The finished bique looks really good. I can't wait to see how these cups come out!


Today's agenda is to clean and check the bisque ware, mix and screen the glazes, prep the glazing area, wax the galleys of canisters, and scrape & kiln wash the kiln shelves. All this is to get ready for glazing tomorrow, (time permitting).

1 comment:

TotusMel said...

Wonderful pieces, I can't wait to see how they come out either!