Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Well Practiced Awkward Dumb Effort

Ahhhh, time to once again ring out the another year gone by with one of my personal favorite activities that the kids and I have turned into an end of year tradition... "Smash Pot Day".

Gotta love it. Here's a quick thought from this years swing...

“Celebrate today’s success… because there’s always a very good chance that tomorrow you’ll wake-up and realize it all just amounts to a well practiced, awkward dumb effort.”

Nothing puts a period at the end of a sentence like the swing of a big’ol hammer.

Dammit

11 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I am a fan of the hammer!
Or a well placed aim at a tree.
It feels so good!
I save seconds for those "special" times when I need the fix.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
M

Unknown said...

Geez. I hope those weren't 'keepers'...

At my house, we go one step further and use junk pots for target practice. :)

Anonymous said...

three cheers for smash pot day... love the hammer myself although many friends and family are bewildered by it

Denise said...

Oooh, that makes me wince! Poor pots :)

ang design said...

mmm brutal...mine just hop it to the bin!

Unknown said...

I love shard parties!!! .....but it does make my husband cringe :)

Barbara said...

I love the sound of breaking glass - and smashing pots.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see another advocate of the quality control hammer.

Eric said...

Hi Fetish, ur blog is really fantastic and Interesting, u should promote it, I knew a website called blogerzoom.com for advertising and marketing, They are offering very unique features with cheap prices. They will promote ur blog through all over the network, all u have to do is choose ur pack plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every network. And see how u enjoy a lot of traffic while blogging. Finally happy new year to u and ur family...

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of dumspster frisbee and bowling for pots. :-)

. c h o k l i t . said...

Eeeee - hope the raven cup didn't go into the smash pile! Happy New Year!