Monday, January 21, 2013

Let's Give it a Try

 Bit of an explanation...
This design is built using layers.
Paper stencils and inlayed incised fireflies sunk under a Malcom Davis Shino.
The green that's peeking through is food coloring that I've been brushed onto mark where I need the fireflies halos (otherwise I'm just guessing, which admittably has a charm all it's own, but...) You can see the faint traces of the brushed on wax that will define the fired halo effect.


This has been a fun series to push through, but as always...
I'm kind of anxious to see how this works out.

1 comment:

FetishGhost said...

Nope... I build my stencil designs on leather hard ware, slipp em up and peel the paper off before it gets too dry. Then it's bisqued. If the paper is left on there's all sorts of trouble... I tried.