Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Assumptions

It's the end of the week again and everything is upside-down drying. I've been scaling up an experiment that came out of the kiln last week... (that'd be the two chawans at the right), this time through, I'm throwing the crows in for good measure just to see how this all works out.
These two are still bottoms-up and waiting for their pedicure.
Drying, Drying, Drying...

 It's been a busy 6 days working steadily on a body of "RedDot" to not only test the new design, but I've been curios to see what I can realistically expect to get done during a 2 week work cycle. Studio time is basically set back to an "After Hours Studio" again.  The 2 week trial is meant to include cutting all stencils needed, throwing and trimming, blocking in designs, and all the fiddly details that go into a small run of work.
Week one has (7) yunomi, (4) small canisters, (2) 8 pounders and (1) 18 incher.
It's not a lot of work, but there's a whole lot of hope going into this run. I'm trying to keep it simple this time and I feel good about what I'm holding.

At least the greenware looks good.
Now I'll see what happens in week 2.

14 comments:

julietteisdead said...

man oh man. would you just look at this batch of goodies.

cookingwithgas said...

YUM-YUM-YUM!

Unknown said...

The greenware is beautimus.. I can't wait to see the results. *crosses fingers* :)

Anonymous said...

That's a nice looking lidded jar.

FetishGhost said...

Nothing like ego stroking to keep things moving. Thanks!
I'm curios how this turns out.

Morag "Errant" Hickman said...

Oh man, this isn't fair, you're trying to kill me with want! *swoons* (I love the crows, in case you can't tell). Rock on!

ang design said...

beautiful work zyg... hold on to that out of hours time :)) and plastic:P

Unknown said...

I love the design with the crows and swirls~ just beautiful! I like the look of greenware clay too- it's just so yummy :)
Best of luck with week 2

Mr. Young said...

I'm feelin ya on that studio time my friend! Just got a little this week - after about three months without...

Tracey Broome said...

Same here with time, everybody else wants some of mine! Love that last jar, makes me want to throw something BIG!

Linda Fahey said...

uh - so how much for the "two on the right". they are amazing and I'm sure the jars with the crows on them will be stunning!

seriously - me want some ghost chawans!

Liberty Stoneware said...

The bird motifs look great! Does the newspaper hold up pretty well under the slip without falling apart before you pull it off?

jim said...

beautiful big jar there joel and i love the crows

FetishGhost said...

Note: the newspaper holds up great. just don't wait too long before you peel it off or it will start pulling apart.