Friday, August 6, 2010

Visions Highlights: t.s. Linzey

"Posicles & Bedpans"  
2009
10" x 6.5 " x 9 "
acrylic on clay

Over the past 2 weeks now, I've been opening boxes and boxes of works that has been arriving. Joyously swamped is a very good descriptive term. Unpacking other artists works has proved to be the amazing experience I hoped it would be... every single package is just how I like too enjoy remembering Christmas when I a whole lot younger... it's all about the thrill of discovery...
But...
The very first piece to arrive wasn't in a box, it just magically showed up, hand delivered. I loved it as soon as I saw it and it has set the tone of the whole show for me. This year, this is a ceramic sculpture show... no doubt about it.
...

Here is a few other bonus works pulled from t.s. Linzey's website. I totally love this...


"Joyride"
3.5 ft X 5.5 ft X 1.5 ft
Acrylic paint on ceramic & metal rod 
"Ghosts"
 18" x 17"1/2 x 9"
Acrylic on ceramic


Thank you Linzey! Here's to hoping that we get to cross paths soon! 

3 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you could not be having more fun!

Tracey Broome said...

You ARE having too much fun! I remember helping unpack for a show at a gallery I once worked at and how exciting it was to open every box. Lucky you!! The fun part will be when you have to box things up for returns. Or better than that, here's hoping there are no returns!

FetishGhost said...

Ok, I'll admit it... the box-up is going to be a nightmare. I did film everything being opened-up and getting unwrapped. This was for any breakage claims, but more than anything, to give me an idea how to get everything back into their boxes.