Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slip-up 2



I was secretly happy that it rained off and on today... I got to spend a few hours this morning putting the finishing touches on the greenware from this weekend and I got to watch a bit of the streaming videos of demonstrations from the pre-conference at Montgomery Community College while the rain fell here in Northern California. What a treat!


After it was over, I felt empowered to get back to work pursuing my own vision... In the spirit of sharing, here is a demo that shares peeling away paper the stencils on today's canister.

Note to self... I need to figure how to turn the video format 90 degrees without squashing the image.

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Are you listening to the music you play as you are working? It's great. perhaps one day you'll do a post on all your favorites and I can know what to look for when I'm at the music store. great pots and video, I like the addition of the flowers, thx.

Ron said...

Cool. Great to see that process. Thanks for the close ups. I meant to mention in the earlier post that I like the 'scrumbles'. Good edges on that form too. Have a good day!

Mr. Young said...

Your videos never get old. I have downloaded some of them as demos for ceramics class. I watch them over and over.

Anonymous said...

loved the video... i like the low-tech method of dealing where the two different pattern meet. i can see how you would save an enormous amount of time not having the line up all the edges and cut them at hangles and all. nice piano too... who was it?

FetishGhost said...

Thanks for the boost everyone.
Linda, I'm a chronic NPR listener during the daytime, but I live for Jazz.
This time it's "Easy Like Me" by Billy Taylor.

deanandmartinpottery said...

Those new jars are great. I enjoy looking at your videos they are very informative. That resist process gives you a great line. Love that new word. We are all just scumbling along are we not. Keep up the great work. Good luck and happy potting!