Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Push'n It Forward


 I love my job...



Opening a kiln load of tests and finding something like this just gives me something to think about while I'm raking up piles of leaves. It makes me wonder where this stuff comes from. 
Holding a gem is such a joy, and the feeling I have as I familiarize myself with new work is very much like the feeling I've come to cherish as a father. Work is like critters, I enjoy the mechanics of make'n em, but I'm not sure I'm fully understanding the true miracle of making things real just by accident... 
The wonder is that they exist at all...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

lovely post, lovely ponder, good to wonder and yes, one of my daily gratitudes is this work we get to bring "through."

Oklahoma City said...

Wonderful work. I love the blue and white jars you make, but these orange pieces are fantastic. The pattern is suble and mysterious, and everything just jives in these to create, as you say, gems.