Monday, July 2, 2012

Base Jumping


Once you start down a path of self-indulgence, your life can never the same.
This particular indulgence started a few months back while filming Jessica Fong foot some of her large bowls.

 

The word that we throw around the studio a lot lately is "Swagger".
That would be something that's asymmetrical and/or off-center, yet in balance.
Maybe it's a potter thing, but I feel that things get more interesting as they violate symmetry.


We not pushing the envelope here, but it does provide a decent base for what's next...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those hand carved feet!

k.houser said...

violate symmetry...love it...I have violated so much symmetry I should be in pottery prison! HA

smartcat said...

What comes next.... We Are waiting!

Hollis Engley said...

Most of the time, symmetry bores me. Not always, but certainly on most of my pots I want some kind of movement. I do like those feet.

bptakoma said...

LOVE seeing the results of you being in a group studio environment. The rate of delight grows even quicker!

Linda Fahey said...

music to my ears; a-symmetry. couldn't agree more with swagger.