Friday, July 17, 2009

Hey Are Those My Pants!

Well for many many many years, I've been noted for swiping kitchenware and appliances from the general safety of our kitchen and moving them to "the Pit of No Return" known as my studio. This is a point of friendly contention between me and my wife. (Ok, I fooling myself... she wants to rip my ears off whenever she suspects that I've used the mixer for plaster... again)

So maybe using her pants for this experiment wasn't a great idea. I've been busting up and slaking down failed green ware (I used my pants for that chore). Now I've got 6 five gallon buckets of slurry and one plaster bat for drying.
I had heard that you could tie off the legs, pour the slip in, and hang the pants from a clothesline.

Sounds like a great idea!

It worked... kinda. The pants were WAY to heavy for a cloths line, the stiffen clay was a pain to get out without adding lots of dried crunchy bits from the crotch, and now my wife wont stop glaring at me... but in my defence, all of my pants have holes in them and would leak clay out all over the place!

I'll just throw them in the washing machine and they'll be good as new!

Hey! Just kidding!

2 comments:

MudStuffing Pottery said...

That rules!

Anonymous said...

looks like a great idea and it worked, maybe a pillowcase would be more manageable 'cause i don't have anything that would hold up that kind of weight... of course the mrs. might not appreciate taking pillowcases either