Saturday, July 9, 2016

Collaborating With the Hands that Hold

Some people can do more with two handfuls of hours of curious exploration than others do in 10,000 hours of practice.
 
Jessica Fong and Zygote Blum collaboration
 
I happily stand next to one of the former. My studio partner has been playing with piecing together single serving teapots while graciously letting me have a crack at the surface with the paper stencil designs that are currently floating around the studio. 
 
Collaborating with Jess has gotten so commonplace here now that we have a chop to mark our work together and I'm finding myself preferring what we create together more than what I make alone.
 
I don't really have a problem with that...

2 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Those are sweet teapots. It took quite a few years before I got comfortable decorating pots that my partner Jeff Brown makes. I had this fear of making a mark on them and the first ones I did showed that fear. Now I am always saying, "Hey, make something cool for me to carve into!".

Melissa Rohrer said...

Very nice. Great collaboration!