Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ColdSky


Watching works from the recent series of teaware that came out of the studio kiln 2 weeks ago as they leave the studio is a bit otherworldly. They are disappearing like birds in the sky. Alluring and distant...

I'm not getting to hold each individual piece as much as I desire, but it is nice to get to finally to explore the kiln load of work that I've been aiming at for the past few months.
Still..Watching it go... It's a lonely feeling... it feels like winter.

3 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

all things fly from the nest at some point.
This is a good thing.
and being the earth tone person I am - I like the browns...

FetishGhost said...

I'm just not used to opening the kiln and watching work leave just like that. It is a good thing, but I'm used to getting to spend a little time with the work to sort out changes.

claydancer said...

I tip my hat to you for the paper stencil idea. Thanks for the comments on my work.